Our Commitment to You
Collinear Networks, Inc. values your privacy and we are dedicated to providing you transparency about how we collect and use any information collected from you. Read below to understand how we collect, use, and disclose information that we obtain about visitors to our website at www.collinear.com and from use of the products and services available through our site. We have taken significant steps to safeguard your personal information and will use it only in support of the products and services offered by Collinear Networks.
By visiting www.collinear.com or using any of Collinear’s web-based services, you understand and agree that your personal information will be handled as described below. In addition, the Terms and Conditions that apply to your use of Collinear’s website, located at Terms and Conditions are incorporated into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our site and services.
Information We Collect Directly From You.You may browse certain areas of the Site without providing us personal information. If you complete our contact form, we will collect your name, company, business email), mobile number, country and reason for contact.
Information We Collect Automatically.We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our site or services through cookies and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our site and or use our services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our ite. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Site and Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents (collectively, “Service Providers”) who perform functions on our behalf. Our business arrangements with those Service Providers require that they have in place processes and systems that will protect your privacy to at least the same degree of protection that we have implemented.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. Again, the agreements that we will enter in connection with one of these types of business transfer will require the company that receives your information to protect your privacy at least to the same degree as we do.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Please note that except as noted above, we will not sell or share your personal information with any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair use of the Site and Services.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will not be able to browse certain areas of the Site or use the Services.
Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of Your Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity regarding use of the Site or Services via unauthorized password activity.
Access, Correction and Deletion of Your Personal Information
You may request access to, modification or deletion of personal information that you have submitted to us by contacting us at email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to honor your request, and at a minimum will comply with all applicable laws that protect your personal information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Site and Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our site or services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of August 1, 2019 . We may change this policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this policy on the site.If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.
Collinear Networks, Inc. provides wireless fiber connectivity including free-space optical, millimeter wave, and hybrid links to service provider and enterprise networks around the globe. As a pioneer in next generation edge and transport technology, Collinear is working to develop intelligent connectivity solutions for a more connected world.